Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 107 – High Voltage Battery Leak Detection Fault
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Battery Control Unit (BCU) within the Power Electronics Carrier (PEC) continuously monitors Hybrid high-voltage leakage being reported to the DC circuit of the PEC.
Fault Code 107 – High Voltage Battery Leak Detection Fault Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Inverter ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- PEC ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 1 is set when resistance between High Voltage cables and shielding is less than 220K Ohms for 5 seconds.
- FMI 11, 30 is set when there is an invalid leak detection signal for 2 minutes.
Fallback When Fault Code 107 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- Inverter shuts off high-voltage system.
- HCM continues to control the hybrid vehicle in a diesel-only mode.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 1, 11, 30
- High-voltage cable insulation damage
- High-voltage component leaking
- Water or moisture in a high-voltage connector or component.
Fault Code 107 – High Voltage Battery Leak Detection Fault Test