Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 96 – Accelerator Pedal Offset
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T and EH-6E606B-CD. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Hybrid Control Module (HCM) uses the vehicle Accelerator Pedal position as input for the Hybrid Electric Motor/Generator torque demand.
Fault Code 96 – Accelerator Pedal Offset Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Hybrid Control Module (HCM) ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- There is no Active Fault Code 48.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- If the accelerator pedal is detected to be depressed to a position between 0.01 and 0.1 and held to a near constant position and the vehicle is stopped for 30 seconds and there are no Engine message faults Active, the fault shall be latched Active.
Fallback When Fault Code 96 is set the following conditions occur:
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 2
- This fault indicates the Accelerator Pedal position is not returning to the “Non-Applied’ state.