Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 67 – ECA Ignition Voltage
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Electric Clutch Actuator (ECA) controls the position of the clutch assembly. The ECA has a 8-Way Connector that supplies ignition power to the ECA from the Hybrid Control Module (HCM).
Fault Code 67 – ECA Ignition Voltage Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Hybrid Control Module (HCM) ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 3 is set when the ECA ignition voltage is shorted to the 12-volt system which is detected through the HCM prior to powering the ignition supply for the ECA.
- FMI 4 is set when the ECA ignition voltage is shorted to ground during key on operation which is detected by the HCM.
- FMI 5 is set when the ECA ignition voltage is open circuit after the key is on.
Fallback When Fault Code 67 is set the following conditions occur:
- Red “Stop Hybrid” light illuminates.
Fault is stored in HCM memory.
- If the fault occurs while driving, the ECA either maintains current clutch position or moves to the last position commanded by the HCM, then the ECA holding device will engage.
- If the fault occurs at power up, the vehicle will not crank.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 3, 4, 5
- ECA Ignition Supply Harness from HCM
Fault Code 67 – ECA Ignition Voltage Test
Component Identification MY09 System:
Harness Front View
(HCM – Hybrid System Interface Connector)
ECA 8-Way Connector
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY08 Systems
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY09 Systems.