Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Electric Shifter contains two electric motors called the Rail and Gear motors. These motors move a shift finger between the various rails which engage the shift rails. Power is supplied from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU).
Fault Code 63 – Gear Select Motor Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- TECU ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- TECU System Battery Voltage Low Fault is Inactive.
- TECU System Battery Voltage Weak Fault is Inactive.
- Electric Shifter is not energized and the shift finger is not moving.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 5 and 6 are set when the TECU detects 5 continuous open or short conditions on the Electric Shifter while the motor drive circuit is idle in a 500 MS interval.
Fallback When Fault Code 63 is set the following conditions occur:
- Red “Service” light illuminates and an “F” flashes in the gear display.
- Fault is stored in TECU memory.
- Operation mode changes to “AutoShift Fallback” mode. If this fault occurs while moving, transmission remains in the current gear position and the clutch opens when the vehicle stops.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 5, 6
- Electric Shifter
- Transmission Harness