Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Controller Area Network (CAN) is a high-speed twisted pair 500K proprietary data link that connects the HCM to the Electric Clutch Actuator (ECA), Battery Control Module and Inverter. The link contains one 120 ohm resistor at each end. The link is used to transmit information specific to clutch position or power electronics operations.
Fault Code 60 – CAN Communication Link (HCM) Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Hybrid Control Module HCM is powered and the ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 9 is set when the HCM loses communication with all modules on the CAN data link for 30 consecutive messages or greater.
- FMI 2 is set in Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM) when the CAN loses communication with the HCM for 3 consecutive messages
Fallback When Fault Code 60 is set the following conditions occur:
- Red “Stop Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in HCM memory.
- Operation mode changes to “AutoShift Only” mode.
- If the fault sets at power up, the engine will not crank.
- Electric Motor/Generator Assist and Regeneration are disabled; however, high-voltage relays remain powered.
- If the fault sets while driving, the clutch will either close or open and remain in this position until fixed.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following: