Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo and International truck. J1939 is a high-speed twisted pair 250K data link with one 120 ohm resistor at each end of the link. The Hybrid Control Module (HCM) connects to the J1939 data link at the 38-Way Connector. This link transmits information to the HCM and communicates with the other modules on the network such as the Body Controller.
Fault Code 50 – J1939 Body Controller Message (HCM) Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- HCM ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 9 is set when the HCM fails to receive Body Controller data for 5 seconds or greater, while it is still communicating with other modules on J1939.
Fallback When Fault Code 50 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber and red lights do not illuminate since the Body Controller activates the lights.
- Fault is stored in HCM memory.
- HCM disables ePTO operation, since parameters like hydraulic demand are unavailable.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 2, 9
- J9139 Data Link
- Body Controller