Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T and EH-6E606B-CD. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo and International truck. J1939 is a high-speed twisted pair 250K data link with one 120 ohm resistor at each end of the link. The HCM is connected to the J1939 data link at the 38-Way Connector. This link is used to transmit information to the HCM and communicate with the other modules on the network such as the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) module.
Fault Code 47 – J1939 ABS Message (HCM) Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- HCM ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- J1939 data link communication fault is Inactive.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- MI 9 is set when the HCM fails to receive ABS message “Anti-Lock Braking Active” for 30 consecutive messages or greater, while it continues communicating with other modules on J1939.
- FMI 14 is set when the HCM detects messages coming from the ABS module; however, the “Anti-Locking Braking Active” message is received as an error or not available.
Fallback When Fault Code 47 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- If the fault occurs while moving, the operation goes into AutoShift Only mode.
- Electric Motor/Generator Assist and Regeneration are disabled; however, the high-voltage relays remain powered.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 9
- J1939 Data Link
- ABS Module
- FMI 14
- ABS Module configured to communicate on J1708 or analog instead of J1939.
- ABS Module