Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 32 – Loss of Switched Ignition Power (TECU)
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. The Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) is mounted to the transmission and it contains all of the software to control the transmission operation; however, the Hybrid Control Module (HCM) controls the operation of the TECU during hybrid operation. Ignition power is fused and provided from the Key Switch. Application of this input initiates the power-up sequence.
Fault Code 32 – Loss of Switched Ignition Power (TECU) Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Output shaft speed must be greater than 0 RPM.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 2 is set when TECU loses ignition power during operation for 2 seconds or greater.
Fallback When Fault Code 32 is set the following conditions occur:
- Red “Service” light illuminates and an “F” flashes in the gear display.
- Fault is stored in TECU memory.
- Operation mode changes to AutoShift Fallback.
- If the fault sets at power up, the engine does not crank.
- If the fault sets while driving, vehicle remains in current gear and clutch opens when the vehicle approaches idle. Default start gear is engaged and the clutch closes if the throttle is pressed.
- No lights illuminate on the Push Button if the fault occurs prior to power up or while in neutral. Only the current mode light illuminate if the fault occurs while driving. The Push Button starts to tone when vehicle approaches a stop and continues until power is returned.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 2
- Ignition power supply to TECU
Fault Code 32 – Loss of Switched Ignition Power (TECU) Test
(TECU – Vehicle Interface Connector)
Typical Relay Switch
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY08 Systems
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY09 Systems.