Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The high-voltage relays are located inside the Power Electronics Carrier (PEC) in the Relay Box unit. These relays are normally open when the system is off. The relays are controlled through the Inverter and monitored through a 5-volt input from the Inverter. If the relays are open the voltage is around 5 volts and when the relays are closed the voltage is around 1 volt.
Fault Code 117 – Battery Control Unit Relay Cut Request Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Inverter ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 3 is set when Battery Control Unit (BCU) Relay Ready CAN Flag is Active and the Relay Off signal is set high for 0.02 seconds.
- FMI 14 is set when the Relay Cut request of the BCU is set over the CAN data link.
- FMI 29 is set when the Relay Off signal is Active.
Fallback When Fault Code 117 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- Inverter shuts high-voltage system off.
- HCM continues to control the hybrid vehicle in a diesel-only mode.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 3, 29
- PEC (MY08)
- Low Voltage Wire Harness
- FM 14