Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 113 – Inverter Current
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Inverter is connected to the Power Electronics Carrier (PEC) through a high-voltage DC cable which supplies 340 volts from the batteries. During operation, the Inverter monitors the output current to the Motor/Generator.
Fault Code 113 – Inverter Current Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Inverter ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 6 is set when the Inverter IGBT current is greater than 800 amps for 0.05 MS or the motor cable is short.
- FMI 14 is set when motor torque commanded is zero and current is reported by the Inverter.
Fallback When Fault Code 113 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- Inverter shuts high-voltage system off.
- HCM continues to control the hybrid vehicle in a diesel-only mode.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 2
- Motor / Generator
- AC high-voltage cables
- FMI 14
- Motor / Generator
- AC High-Voltage Cables
Fault Code 113 – Inverter Current Test
High-Voltage AC Harness Connector View
MY08 System – High-Voltage AC Motor/Generator Connector View
MY09 System- High-Voltage AC Motor/Generator Connector View