Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Inverter communicates with the Battery Control Unit (BCU) located in the PEC and the Hybrid Control Module (HCM) on the CAN high-speed proprietary data link. The data link is a two wire twisted pair with two 120 ohm resistors located in the link.
Fault Code 111 – Inverter CAN Message Fault (HCM) Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:.
- The HCM CAN Data Link fault is not active. (MY09)
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active)
- FMI 9 is set when the HCM has not received an Inverter message for 30 consecutive message cycles.
- FMI 2 is only active in Product Diagnostic Mode and will set if 3 consecutive Inverter messages are not received by the HCM.
Fallback When Fault Code 111 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- High-Voltage Motor/Generator Assist is available, but at a reduced amount.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 2 ,9:
- CAN Data Link
- No power or ground to Inverter