Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 110 – Inverter
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The Inverter assembly is connected to the High-Voltage DC Cable from the PEC along with the high-voltage AC cable from the Motor/Generator. It inverts the DC to AC voltage to power the motor during electric assist and rectifies the AC back to DC to charge the high-voltage batteries during coasting or regenerative braking. The Inverter is also the main controller for the high-voltage system communicating to the Battery Control Module in the PEC along with communicating to the HCM for overall system operation.
Fault Code 110 – Inverter Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Hybrid Control Module (HCM) ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- Inverter ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 22–29 are set due to various internal failures of the Inverter.
Fallback When Fault Code 110 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- Depending on the internal failure the Inverter may continue to operate with the fault logged, or shut down the high-voltage system.
- HCM continues to control the hybrid vehicle in a diesel-only mode for most failures.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 21-29
Fault Code 110 – Inverter Test
High-voltage cables and wiring are orange in color and contain a warning label at the connectors, while high-voltage components are marked with a label. ASTM Class 0 electrical insulating rubber gloves with leather protectors must be used when working on any of these components. Failure to follow these instructions may result in severe personal injury or death.
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY08 Systems