Eaton Fuller Hybrid Transmission Fault Code 105 – Battery Control Unit Fault
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P, EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The high-voltage batteries each contain a cell controller that communicates over the Controller Area Network (CAN). CAN is a high-speed twisted pair 500K proprietary data link that connects the HCM to the Electric Clutch Actuator (ECA), Power Electric Carrier (PEC), Inverter and Auxiliary Power Generator (APG). The Battery Control Unit communicates through the PEC with each battery to determine temperature, State of Charge (SOC) and voltage. This information is then sent to the Inverter.
Fault Code 105 – Battery Control Unit Fault Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Inverter ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- Battery Control Unit ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 22-31 are set for various internal Battery Control Unit failures.
Fallback When Fault Code 105 is set the following conditions occur:
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
- Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
- Inverter shuts high-voltage system off.
- HCM continues to control the hybrid vehicle in a diesel-only mode.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 22-31