ault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. Read below to learn how to test, clear and fix fault code errors for your Freightliner, Mack, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, International, and heavy-duty truck and equipment. The High-Voltage Batteries are 172 volts each connected in series to produce 340 volts DC. The Power Electric Carrier (PEC)) located in the Relay Box communicates with each battery to determine temperature, State Of Charge (SOC), and voltage. This information is then sent to the Inverter.
Fault Code 101 – High Voltage Battery 1 Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- Inverter ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- Battery Control Unit ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Note: When troubleshooting an Inactive code refer to the Product Diagnostic Mode (PDM)
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 0, 1, 9, 11, 12, 15, 17, 22-31 are set for various internal high voltage battery failures.
Fallback When Fault Code 101 is set the following conditions occur:
- Red “Stop Hybrid” light illuminates for FMI 0.
- Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates for FMI 22–29.
- Fault is stored in HCM memory.
- Depending on the FMI the Inverter or HCM shuts the high-voltage system off.
- HCM continues to control the hybrid vehicle in a diesel-only mode.
- Transmission defaults start gear to 1st.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 1, 9, 11, 12, 15, 17, 22-31
- FMI 0