Eaton Fuller Hybrid Fault Code 7 – Improper HCM Configuration
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. The Hybrid Control Module (HCM) is mounted to the transmission and contains all of the software to control both the hybrid power electronics as well as the transmission operation.
Fault Code 7 – Improper HCM Configuration Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- HCM ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
Conditions to Set Fault:
• FMI 13 is set at key on if the HCM data is not read from memory within 1 second.
Fallback When Fault Code 7 is set the following conditions occur:
• Amber “Check Hybrid” light illuminates.
• Fault is stored in Hybrid Control Module (HCM) memory.
• If this fault occurs at power up, the vehicle does not crank.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears faults from history after 200 hours. The HCM automatically clears faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 13
- Improper ECU configuration software
Fault Code 7 – Improper HCM Configuration Test
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY08 Systems
- Hybrid Control Module (HCM)
- Nut (3)
- 38- Way System Connector Plug-in
- 38-Way Vehicle Connector Plug-in
- Mounting Plate