Eaton Fuller Hybrid Fault Code 14 – Invalid Shifter Range
Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. The Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) is connected to the shift device, which transmits driver mode selection data. The only compatible shift devices are the Eaton® Push Button Shift Control (PBSC) and OEM-supplied shift lever (if equipped with park). The TECU checks the vehicle for the type of shift device during the first power up.
Fault Code 14 – Invalid Shifter Range Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- TECU ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
- TECU System Battery Voltage Low Fault is Inactive.
- TECU is being powered up for the first time and no shift device has been configured.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
- FMI 2 is set when the shifter is not returning a valid position (PRNDH1)
- FMI 3 is set when the sensor voltage is higher than expected
- FMI 4 is set when the sensor voltage is lower than expected
Fallback When Fault Code 14 is set the following conditions occur:
- An “F” appears in the gear display.
- Fault is stored in TECU memory.
- TECU changes to AutoShift control.
- Engine does not crank.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following:
- FMI 2
- Shifter is in between detent positions or sensor is out of calibration.
- FMI 3
- Hall-Effect Sensor input is shorted high or sensor ground in open.
- FMI 4
- Hall-Effect Sensor input is open circuit or shorted to ground.
Fault Code 14 – Invalid Shifter Range Test
Harness Front View
TECU – Vehicle Interface Connector
4-way Park Pawl Actuator
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY08 Systems
NOTE: Refer to the Eaton Hybrid Component and Connector Location for Connector Locations in MY09 Systems.