Fault code for Eaton Hybrid Drive Systems models (MY08) EH-8E306A-U, EH-8E306A-UPG, EH-8E306A-UP, EH-8E306A-CD, EH-8E306A-T, EH-6E606B-CD, (MY09) EH-8E406A-U/P, EH-8E406A-UP, EH-8E406A-UPG, EH-8E406A-CD, EH-8E406A-CDG, EH-8E406A-CDR, EH-8E406A-T, EH-6E706B-CD, EH-6E706B-P and EH-6E706B-UPG. The Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) is mounted to the transmission and contains all of the software to control the transmission; however, the hybrid Control Module (HCM) controls the operation of the TECU during hybrid operation.
Fault Code 11 – No TECU Operation Detection
The following preconditions must be met before the system detects the fault:
- TECU ignition voltage is greater than 7 volts and less than 16 volts.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Active
Conditions to Set Fault:
• FMI 12 is set if the TECU detects an intermittent failure in the Electronic Shifter position.
Fallback When Fault Code 11 is set the following conditions occur:
• Red “Service” light illuminates and an “F” flashes in the gear display (only if the fault occurs after power up).
• Fault is stored in TECU memory.
• If the fault code occurs after power up, the transmission remains in the current gear and the clutch opens.
Conditions to Set Fault Code Inactive
Only Inactive faults can be cleared from the Transmission Electronic Control Unit (TECU) or HCM history using ServiceRanger. The TECU automatically clears the faults from history after 200 hours and the HCM automatically clears the faults from history after the fault has been Inactive for 200 hours.
This fault code can be caused by any of the following: